Wednesday, August 15, 2018

First Trades Are Always The Biggest

@StephenJFurlong, and I have been Twitter buddies for awhile now. Fellow NY Giants fans too.

Recently he was moving some cards and contacted me about a possible trade. I wasn't sure what to expect him to pull out and offer my way but when I finally saw the gallery of magic, I knew we would have to work out a major trade.

So we did.

In this trade, I hit major PC areas, crossed a major autograph off from my want list (posting tomorrow) and grabbed some fun cards just because.

So let's take a look at the big chunk of the mail day today and lead up to the bigger "meats"of tomorrow.

Chipper and Vlad. I really liked Vlad and can't explain why so when I saw this bat relic I grabbed it. As for Chipper, I wanted it to use as a trading piece.


Same goes for these Red Sox cards even though I did like the Ortiz bat relic. But, I have a major trade going on with a Red Sox fan and needed more pieces for the trade to try and complete it.


Two more players I enjoyed from the 90's. My father-I wonder if I have a picture-looked like Randy Johnson from the 90's with the longer scraggly hair and he is a bit tall. Gwynn I just enjoyed because he was a great player that didn't get enough recognition.


I always like adding a guy's autograph in Cooperstown and a new Yankee relic add with a pants swatch from Reggie. Love my pinstripe relics.
 

Another fun vintage add. Well, vintage player. I like older player relics.


I really liked this Jorge Posada relic. I didn't have a relic of his besides a bat one. The Manny relic is for my Sox fan.


Eddie George was another one of those 90's guys. Maybe I should just start a 90's guys PC after this mail day. I just snagged them for fun.


Stephen threw a bunch of extras in the trade which I didn't separate out on here. Examples are of former Giants like Derek Hagan. My first autograph of his.


More 90's guy love


And some more former NY Giants adds. I like the Pascoe and Hixon autographs.


Travis Beckham looked good the few times he played. Just never completely panned out at TE. I always kept him on Madden and used him because of his 84 Spd.


A couple more former Giants. Thomas was an on and off player and Rivers only played a little while for the Gmen. I was pretty happy to have him the short time they did. This dual relic is pretty sweet.


Warrick was a huge name back when he was drafted but never quite lived up to all of the hype not like Jevon Kearse. Offenses feared him. This is my first relic of his.


more freebies Stephen threw in. Owens, Roy Williams (safety), Steve Smith (Panthers WR, and Antonio Gates relics.


A few more freebies along with an Alstott that I claimed. I just wanted a relic of his and hopefully an autograph one day. 90's guy.


90's autographs, just 'cause.


Kevin Faulk was the best of the 90's autographs I grabbed. He had a few decent seasons in New England. I always had a thing for the '99 Collectors Edge Advantage.


And for the finale of part one, some more 90's freebies! Maybe I should add the Powerdeck disks to my Sets Of My Childhood.
 

If you enjoyed Part 1 gallery, well, stay tuned for Part 2 as that is going to get even bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment