Monday, August 27, 2018

It Starts With One

All it starts with is one. One follow, one card, one conversation.

That one moment can turn into much more and it did with @jklongwith and myself.

We went from talking about an Aaron Judge card to trading about it to expanding the trade into more. It's amazing how this hobby can function and now that one moment has added one more trader to my circle.

Included in my trade package along with the Aaron Judge was some 90's cards.

This is a subset from 1997 Upper Deck. One of the most fun sets I built.

 
I really like this Pinnacle Performers Scot Rolen.

 
Number Crunchers. I believe Seasons Best from 1997 Topps.

 
Check out this Brady Anderson. I don't have anything like this so I always enjoy a new look 90's card to the PC. And it's Metal, one of the great products of all time.

 
Travis Lee. I felt like I always pulled this guy back in the 90's but not this card from Fleer Brilliants. Everyone had Travis Lee hype...up until he played.

 
And here was the Judge card that started it all. I didn't bust any Stadium Club this year so am interested in any Judge in it. I do have the Special Forces, the base card and Never Compromise. Outside of that, I could use others.

 
And as he was about to mail, he messaged me to ask if I was interested in ONE more card. See a theme here? When he said it was a Kyle Lauletta autograph, how could I say no? Possible Giants future starter at QB. No way I am skipping out on that. So we made one more quick trade and mailed.
 
 
Pretty solid mail day for me covering all my areas of collecting. A big thanks goes out to Jason for the mail day and our FIRST trade together.
 
Yes, I won't say ONE more thing about ONE. Oooops. I did.
 
And I will again, let me know in comments of trades you have been involved in that started out with one card that boomed into so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment