Thursday, August 16, 2018

Knocking Another Big One Down

Yesterday you wintenessed an onslaught of goodies I got in a trade with @StephenJFurlong but that wasn't the end of it.

In comes Part 2 with even more greatness.

Finally, finally, got one of those Turf relic cards I have been seeking out forever. I wanted the Ron Dayne version of this card but I will take just having one. The Corey Dillion I grabbed because it's a seat relic from Memorial Stadium. I like unique relic cards.

 
A trio of old school players. Houston Oilers relic-which in itself is awesome- of Earl Campbell, a Charlie Joyner auto and a Billy Sims autograph. I added them just because I like old school guys.
 
 
Sapp on the other hand it both a 90's guy and a pretty sweet patch relic.

 
Reggie Bush was an exciting college player, like most of that 2006 class, but didn't quite reach that high in the NFL. Even though Bush was the better one of that failing rookie class. Even still, I wanted to add this to my PC just because.

Pro relic on one side,

 
Autograph relic on the other. Nice card all around.

 
And finally an autograph I have been seeking out for awhile, the one and only Adrian Peterson. This guy in him prime was one of the greats and there is no doubt about that. I feel now the injuries have taken a toll and he is a guy who is just trying to extend his career too far. He should have stepped away as a Viking before being bounced between the Saints and the Cardinals where he didn't do a whole lot. to me when players do this it tarnishes their careers some. Hopefully he will sign with another team, get another shot and make the best of it and end his career on a positive note.

I also like this card overall. Sharp!
 
 
Well, that's it for this part of the trade up to this point. I did fail to mention there is a Part 3 I will post at some point with another key autograph in it. We had to do a separate mailing on the next part and I will explain why and post it when it arrives. 

Big thanks to Stephen up to this point on our trade. Great trade all around and I am also thankful to have you as a friend. I look forward to our next trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment