Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Musuem Collection World War 2 Relic Booklet Arrived!

Since February I have been counting down the days since I redeemed my biggest pull from Goodwin Champions.

I just wanted to get this card in-hand to see it. At one point I had checked in with Upper Deck to see if there were any updates, they said within two weeks I should have it in July.

Awesome.

Even more awesome, the card when it arrived. It was also shipped really safe in a plastic case which I am going to keep it in. I mean it is a piece of history.

The fun thing with these booklets when you redeem them, you have absolutely no idea which one you will be getting. We don't get many surprises in life so I will take any I can get.

The booklet I received brings us back to the Battle Of The Philippines. I am not a huge history buff-it was actually my worst subject-so other than the details on the inside of the booklet, I can't tell you much else without Google. I didn't appreciate history back in school, but as I have gotten older, I have realized how important everything was. Especially since today's teachings are much different and less detailed from what I learned/tried to learn.

So instead of rambling on anymore with that, let's take a look at this card.

The details look great on the outside cover


And even more so on the inside. It gives a description of the Battle Of The Philippines but doesn't give me what the description of what the relics are. That part was disappointing but you can just feel the history and why they call the line Museum Collection. This literally looks like a display you would find in a museum.


And here is the back of the card.
 

This card also has some personal feels to it as well as my grandfather fought in World War 2. I am not sure which part of the war, as I never got to meet my grandfather as PTSD took him away before I was born, but I will treasure this as such a relic and remembrance of him.

What do you guys think of cards like this? Relics of history like this? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment