Monday, August 20, 2018

Saquon Barkley PC Thus Far

(Bloggers note:I have added a few more cards since I typed up this post. Those will be added to an updated version of this post)

Saquon Barkley was the most exciting all around player in the 2018 NFL Draft.

This year my team picked 2nd in the draft and all signs lead to them drafting a successor to Eli Manning. I was okay with that except the fact they had a 3rd round draft QB in Davis Webb who didn't have his shot yet last year when he should have. Felt like a waste to me.

As I sat in the hospital room with my wife (who was having pain and had to be taken) watching the draft unfold, I was shocked to see the Browns-who could use talent like Barkley's-shock the world with their selection of Baker Mayfield at pick one.

Could the Giants still draft a QB? I asked myself. Or could they take a guy at a position that has struggled every year since the departure of Ahmad Bradshaw.

Then came the commissioner to the podium....

With the 2nd pick of the 2018 NFL Draft the NY Giants select....Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State.

Wait..WHAT?!

The Giants made me cheer on the inside-I was at a hospital worried about my wife- and made the crowd erupt at the draft with their pick. After we left the hospital and all was well, I finally got to celebrate full form and go searching for Barkley cards. The only problem...they weren't cheap.

So I took to trading as my avenue to getting some cards.

My first acquisitions of Barkley came at the hands of my father who had extras and from @JGfan24ever who had a knack for pulling him. I have a nice Elite rainbow started here.


Here was my very first card of him in which I got in a trade with my father.
  

Well I mean this is actually the first card but not sure I actually consider it a card

I then began to make other trades to try and pick more up. I added these two from Dub Mentality

And this one from @DJSeneseiNJ.

I even began to seek out doubles to help my collection look more impressive. This one from Tyler over at Rekindling The Cardboard Flame blog was nice enough to pass this one along to me.

And some generosity from @CrattyPatty25 helped me finally land the Classics rookie card.

This chrome version of the Classics card I found in a box for my PC.

Then came my bigger luck in snatching two autographs. One was this signed SI that I somehow won from @NFLAuctions. I am still in shock.
 

And then came the box pull of this autograph. These two autographs may be the only ones I ever see.
 

I appreciate all of the help along the way to build up my Barkley PC. Hopefully I can make some more trades and add even more Barkley cards to this post down the road. Now the other thing I am hopeful for is that this guy pans out like I expect him to. If not, it's not like I have a lot invested here other than trades.  

NFL Regular season is just around the corner and I can't wait! #GiantsPride

No comments:

Post a Comment