Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Price Was Wrong

From time to time, I will check in with my buddy Autograph Blog for new addresses and leads on guys I want TTM autographs of.

One of those guys owned one of the greatest sitcoms of the 90's, we can agree to disagree, but it was Drew Carey from the Drew Carey show. He also helped lead the team of comics on Whose Line Is It Anyway , a show I used to reenact with my high school math teacher after school. Now he is the lead man for The Price Is Right after taking over for Bob Barker. Still seems like such an odd role for him to be in and I still haven't quite adjusted my eyes to not seeing Bob on there, but glad to see Drew was able to continue his career somewhere.

So I sent a request out to Drew after hearing great success rates for him and was excited a week later when an envelope from The Price Is Right arrived with  my autograph. Except it wasn't signed. Sigh.

Inside was this picture with a preprinted signature.
 
This seems to be my luck this year with TTM. I either don't get ones that should be returned with success that others had or I don't get an item signed. I haven't give up completely yet and haven't on Drew yet either. I am keeping a running list of guys I want to sign things for me and haven't yet. I will re-send to all of them again knowing others have had success hoping I will a second time.
 
So Drew, be ready, I will be sending another out to you in the next few months this time with a new approach. Next time I am hoping The Price Is Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment