Friday, September 7, 2018

Bustin' Ghosts And George Takei With The Breakfast Club

I have been in a trading frenzy of late.

Making moves like it's the baseball trading deadline. Sacrificing cards I normally wouldn't let go to get something more that I need. It's a new experience that's been a bit fun for me despite the risk of hoping it doesn't come back to bite me at some point.

Either way, I have been knocking down set needs like crazy. 

First I made a trade with my buddy @Jake1725 to land two much needed Ghostbusters autographs Harris Yulin,  including this Jennifer Runyon I wasn't sure I would ever be able to add. For some reason or another, her values were crazy. I would guess maybe she is one of the Sp's in the set. Runyon played the College Student in Ghostbusters but also had some other roles.

Up next, Harris Yulin who played the Judge who yelled and reactivated the slime that brought out ghosts when the Ghostbusters to court in Ghostbusters 2. He has appeared not only in tha tmovie but some other big ones as well such as Clear and Present Danger, The Hurricane and Training Day.

Thanks to @Jake1725 for the big time set help!!!

Up next, some other big needed set help this time from my buddy Bryan over @90sNicheFBCard, who I usually pull off one to two big trades a year with. 

He helped with my Ghostbusters set as well with this Ivan Reitman add who directed both movies.

With Reitman in hand, I can slowly feel myself creeping towards this set I never thought would be possible. Only two more cards remain to be found. One is listed on eBay and one is nowhere to be found. I am a bit concerned about that one but trying to stay positive that it will be found when the time comes.

Bryan also played big role in some Psych Autograph set help knocking off two HUGE needs. Ally Sheedy wasn't the cheapest find, but she is a tough one to search for. So, so blessed that Bryan snagged this for me as Psych autographs from the first set are starting to evaporate and become less and less likely to be found.

Sheedy was also in the movie The Breakfast Club, maybe you have heard of it ;) She was also in some other big time films like St. Elmo's Fire, Short Circuit and Bad Boys.


The next autograph is of a guy we have seen all over social media, TV, and films. Most known in my opinion on Star Trek as Hikaru Sulu. I think this autograph is awesome because of his legend status and he has a clean signature.

It also made me get down to one more need for my Psych Autograph set! Yes one more!

My face when I realized that I was only one more away.....

A thanks goes out to Bryan for the huge set help!

The final autograph for the Psych set I won't spill whether I added yet or not. All I can say is that it will be a good ride that's for sure and will have a story to tell when I do. Til then I will turn my focus back on finishing up Ghostbusters and looking at other Psych needs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment