Friday, September 28, 2018

TTM Score From Seattle!

I think 2018 has been the year I have attempted the most TTM attempts. While most of my are sent to celebrities, I don't care too much about having athlete ones that aren't authenticated, I have found sending head coach ones fun however. They don't have quite the fan base as the players and they don't make cards of them anymore. Something I actually miss in this hobby.

But, with a most card sets sitting at 100 cards, it's hard to fit in legends, rookies, veterans in such a small list. What every happened to Pro Set type base card products? They had rookies, veterans, legends, coaches, stadiums, special game subsets and even referees. Those days are long gone and I don't expect them ever to return.

So instead, I will continue to hit up popular head coaches for autographs and hope for some success.

A three month wait success I can now say I have is that of Seahawks head coach and executive vice president Pete Carrol who has been around the NFL for some time. Pete returned my index card request in exchange for this great photo and especially signed in the Seahawk neon color. I checked with  my buddy Autograph Blog, check out his work HERE, on it's authenticity and it checked out. Very cool score for my collection.

Pete was a guy I remember coaching in the 90's. However, his first go-around in the NFL as a Head Coach wasn't so hot. He went 6-10 with the Jets  and lasted one season, and three seasons with the Patriots that went 27-21 with.

He went back to college in 2000 where he would dominate with USC winning two titles before taking the job in 2010 with Seattle where he has led them to multiple Super Bowls, winning one, and led them to the playoffs six times.

Thanks Pete for the autograph and taking your time out for me. I wish you the best this season overall, just not against my Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment