Monday, October 22, 2018

Big Blue Monday:New Additions Add Some Cheer

1-5 is staring me straight in the face. 1-5. This is the second year in a row I am having to suffer through another NY Giants season instead of enjoying it. Even that team in green in NY is having much more success with a rookie QB.

Do I question the Giants not taking a QB like Darnold at 2. No I don't. Not a single second.

Saquon Barkley has overly proven himself to me and I don't ever doubt the Giants for making him the second pick in the draft. In the Giants last game, a throbbing loss to the Eagles, Saquon had over 200+ total yards catching and running. He alone is a highlight reel and his the only thing exciting right now to watch on the Giants.

I recently pulled off a trade with @JayRCards and got to add a few more Saquons along with my first ever autograph of a Super Bowl and Playoff hero named Plaxico. We will wait to show that off.

First up, Elite Draft Saquon,


Elite Series from Elite Draft


A numbered Amani Toomer from Edge Masters. You know I am totally digging this. It's as close to a late 90's insert I can get!


Looking at Eli Manning's season, maybe Webb should have stayed.


Adams was a late preseason cut. I wished they had kept him looking at the poor back up TE's they have been using.


Whoa! LT relic! This card is also a beaut! Really love the throwback design


Rueben Randle autograph I didn't know. I know, surprising.


Sterling hasn't been quite as good as I expected him to be. But the way the oline has blocked and Eli's inaccurate throws he really can't make much of an impression yet.


And the final card from our trade, this beautiful Mirror Signatures of Plaxico Burress /25. It's my first ever Burress auto. I am also glad it's in a Giants uniform. He made the game winning TD catch  in Super Bowl 42 vs the undefeated Patriots. It was beautiful and still re-plays in  my mind especially when watching this Giants team the last few years.


A big thanks to @JayRCards for the trade. Hope we can do more!!

As for my Giants, tonight they face a high scoring Falcons team on Monday Night Football on the road. Do I expect them to win? No. But, could they? Yes. Atlanta is not that great this year and their defense is struggling big time. If the Giants defense can make a couple stops, offense can give Eli time, if he can make the throws and if Saquon continues to do what he does, they absolutely have a shot. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment