Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Going Political With Blind Trading

Blind Trading.

I have been both on the sending and receiving end of many of these forms of trades. Sometimes they are very easy, sometimes they can be a bit complicated and unsettling.

I have done some blind trades where I have gotten some great stuff, but then fear I didn't send enough. Other times, I felt I send way too much for what I got in return. It makes for a very tough balance sometimes even though I think blind trades are much more fun than regular. They bring out the unexpected and the mystery itself can be the most fun.

In my latest trade with Matt from Summer of '74 blog, I got to try a new version of blind trading to me. In this new version, I got to choose what cards I wanted and get to send him a return of items from his want list. Pretty easy for me.

I packed up Matt's items this past weekend to mail out this week, but got mine pretty quickly over the weekend and it packed a pretty solid and political punch.

Michael Jordan Upper Deck foil rookie. I had one, but said "its a MJ, get another."

A-Rod Upper Deck Star Rookie, I do have this one as well, but may use this as a Christmas Gift for my father who doesn't have one.

Anyone who reads this blog knows I dig unique swatches and cards from Absolute Memorabilia have them. This David Johnson has a jersey swatch, football relic and a piece of helmet. Great card and excellent player.

When Matt posted a preview pic of what he was going to offer up in this blind-trade-athon, I spotted these first in the picture and snagged them right after he posted them.

TTM autographs of some solid names.

Ron Paul is a U.S. Rep for Texas but is not retired from politics

Dan Quayle is a former Vice President of former president George H.W. Bush

Ted Turner owns Turner Enterprises which runs networks TBS and CNN. He also is the former owner of the Atlanta Braves

Sarah Palin is the 9th Governor of Alaska. Honestly, this was the biggest one I wanted from the group.
Some great names now added to my non sport PC thanks to Matt!

I am always looking at doing different forms of trading that will help others out and bring something back I need or want. Most of mine are you get this and I get this trades which I do prefer if we are talking bigger cards but I have tons of loose end type of cards I can send PWE that I need to find a way to unload. I kind of like Nachos Grande trade stack idea and asking for specific cards in return. So he not only gets exactly what he wants, but he unloads stuff as well.. Not sure how I will approach more trades on here, but I will figure something out soon.

How do you guys normally trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment