Tuesday, October 16, 2018

TTM Score: Happy Happy Joy Joy (Check This Out!!)

In the 90's, when we weren't outside or having a really rainy day (cause honestly rain didn't stop us from going out) we had so much great TV to watch.

There was Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Friends just to name a few adult shows that I watched as a child. SyFy channel actually played sci-fi shows/movies (I loved watching the classic black and white Godzilla movies on there when I was a kid). We had TGIF, Saturday Morning Cartoons on all local networks and SNICK. We had shows that scared us, made us smarter and were just plain weird.

We also had a cartoon that pushed the limits for kids but was so much fun to watch. I have mentioned before a few times my love of Ren&Stimpy and showed off some of my fun collectibles, but none will top the recent one I got in the mail.
I recently wrote a letter to John Kricfalusi who both created/animated the show and was a voice as well telling him my appreciation and love of Ren&Stimpy. He returned my TTM request a few weeks later with some awesome surprises.

First off, he wrote to me. Yes, wrote me a letter back!Now it was mainly promoting his store, but a hand written letter with a thank you is pretty cool.


Secondly, he included this unique sticker. I assume it must be something in his Spumco shop.


Then he included two amazing sketches, to me and signed. So, so cool!

Ren, a psychotic Chihuahua,


and the dimwitted cat Stimpy


John, if you somehow or another read or see this, thanks for returning my request and for making my childhood awesome.

I gotta find a way to get these three pieces framed together and set them up next to my other Ren&Stimpy items. I also still need to find that Ren plush from the 90's to pair with my Stimpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment