Friday, November 16, 2018

The First Unraveling

It's time to reveal Cube #1 in my box of goodies from Wes over at Area 40 blog. I won't be showing off every card from each of the cubes, just the key ones from each.

I will say though that these cubes gave me so many mixed emotions. They brought me back to my childhood collecting, they showed me things I haven't seen before, there were surprises and never ending fun in each one. If these were sold in stores, they would sell like hot cakes! Especially for us bloggers who I know would enjoy opening something like this. Wes Repacks....

This cube kicks off with Jose Reyes at the top. Not sure which Upper Deck product this was from, but once again I always enjoy a clear full bleed photo from Upper Deck.

Jo Adell has a bright future with the Angels and this is another card for my rookies PC of him. As always I am chasing the next big rookie..hitter that is.

Speaking of talent, how good has this guy been since he has been with the Nationals? This is my first rookie card of him. Glad to finally have one. Normally I don't chase pitchers, except Randy Johnson but there are many reasons for that, but if they fall into my lap I will take em.

I got Bip'd!

San Diego Chicken. As creepy as he looks, I have been wanting to add some of these older versions of this card. The only one I have is the newer versions.

I hadn't seen these Mascot Madness hologram inserts til my last Wes mail day. I may try to build this set now. Youppi is a new one I didn't have.

Pedro Prism. I have always loved this line. Both 1994 and 1995 looked amazing for football and baseball. I am still hunting down my 1995 Prism football set and still need the gold parallel of Rodney Hampton from it.

Some IP and TTM autographs. Gary Gaetti, George Foster, Bill Fahey, and Gabe Gagne. These old school guys really know how to sign. However, out of these names, I think Gaetti is the only one I actually watched play.

After looking through Cube 1, I felt like Santiago on this Gallery Of Stars card.
My face widens even more as we go on. Lot's more to see from the Cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment