Friday, December 28, 2018

Hard Hitters

Every few months I get a hard hitter in my mail box from Sport Card Collector reader Grady M sends me a box of goodies and it's always overwhelming with fun. We have been exchanging for years now after we met on the Sport Card Collectors Facebook page. He is a great caring guy as well who also donates tons of cards and other items to his local children's hospital.

About a couple of weeks ago I received my recent hard hitter full of more hard hitters. The box said Merry Christmas on the inside and I knew it was going to be a good one. I won't be able to show off every card in the box in a post as there were SO many. But, I will touch base in it time to time. For now, there will be three posts highlighting the main cards in the box.

Today we tackle the Yankee finds. I get a lot of my base card and insert Yankee needs from Grady so I don't need anymore from anyone else because of this. So when I trade with others, including you guys reading, all I want for Yankees is hits, numbered, 90's inserts, Derek Jeter, Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, and any Yankee rookie cards within the last five years. I don't like having doubles of any cards except rookies. It's so hard to find new homes as I have stacks of base Yankees kicking around from being sent dupes.

Let's kick off this Grady M mailing with a Mickey Mantle base card from Chronicles. I didn't have this one yet. Mantle is another Yankee

Nice Clint Frazier I didn't have. Really like the throwback Coming Attraction,

This Rizzuto's on FIIIIRE!

It took awhile for Stanton to get going in NY, but he got going after awhile. I was starting to think the Yankees made a bad move and now I am pretty happy he is with the team. These are two great looking adds.

Some more shiny Yanks,

Another Mantle I didn't have. Diamond Kings is one of Panini's better baseball products,

DJ! He also leads into the Storybook ending to this post,

Judge! Lots of new great adds here,


Including this amazing Crusade insert. It's the parallel /99 as well. Such a beautiful add. I should update my Judge PC numbers on here sometime.
Well, that does it for Part 1 of this goodies box. More to come before the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment