Monday, December 31, 2018

Nuttin' But The Hits:1996 Classick NFL Experience

Unlike my first break from BBCE with a Summit retail box, this time I grabbed a full size box of 1996 Classic. This was a product line that reeled me in 1995 and I caught on to the love of it since.

Boxes come with 24 packs of 10 cards and only are $12. So a steal for someone like me. I would take this kind of a break any day over a blaster of today's junk.

Let's check out my break shall we?

The base cards are beautiful. Clean, full bleed photography like this Rodney Hampton I found in my first box. I already had one, maybe five copies of this already. This one will stay in the base set I am going to build.

Excellent photographs.

One of my favorite 90's QB's here,

The GOAT. Will Saquon ever be Barry? No. I love Saquon and everything, but Barry was something special to watch that will never be seen again. Saquon will be good, but nobody runs ten yards backwards and beats you for 80 yards like Barry.

Dan the Man. Wished he could have gotten himself a ring. Playing for the Dolphins is tough.

TD scored lots of TD's. Could have been an all-time great if it wasn't for the injury bug.

Curtis Martin to me played better for the Jets than he did for the Patriots.

This guy was fun to watch as well, except against my Giants.

My first two inserts are these Super Bowl XXX cards. Cool looking full foil cards. NFC had the darker background  (by the way was a huge fan of both of these players especially Kerry)

AFC version is more lighter,

Sculpted die cut insert. I pulled the Jeff Blake in my first pack. I remember how many collectors wanted Deion Sanders cards after he went to Dallas. Especially his first Cowboys stuff.

Printers Proof parallel. Only one per box. Remember when parallels were actually tough to find? Not in every other pack or every pack? I much rather have it this way. This one is of legend Warren Moon.
Well that does it. Two box break from BBCE. I did much better with the Classic as you can see. Next time I will get Summit hobby which was honestly only a few more dollars. I did bust a box of that already last year and had a blast.

Thoughts on this break?

No comments:

Post a Comment