Monday, December 31, 2018

Nuttin' But The Hits:1996 Summit Football

Back in October, I won a gift certificate on Facebook from BBCE for their World Series contest. I was one of the lucky ones who chose Red Sox to win it all. It was painful to do, but at least there was a bright shiny ending in winning the $25 gift certificate.

Without any extra funds kicking around besides enough to cover their tad high shipping, I snagged two boxes I had my eye on that came to $24. So I was pretty happy overall.

Those boxes showed up a week later and here is the first box break.

1996 Summit football 16 pack break. This one is a retail pack break.

Why did I mention it was retail? Well the base card stock is different. The hobby version is on black background while retail is on silver foil. Honestly I like the black more.

Here are the base cards,

TD,

Dave Brown,new to the PC!

Tyrone Wheatley, new to the PC!

Some key rookies from 1996,

Terry Glenn,

Eddie Kennison. Well this isn't really key, just a guy I pull a lot of

Give me the ball! Okay, Keyshawn,

Eddie George!

Subset of John Elway. I will say the foil version of this card looks much cooler.

Slash!

My first insert find is a Inspirations Kevin Hardy numbered card.

Second was this 1:20 packs Willie McGinest Artist Proof parallel. Weird how they used the back for their parallels.
That does it for break one. Nothing too exciting in this one. Hoping that break number two gives me more than lots of base cards. I plan on collecting the 1996 Summit set, but the one printed on black background. That's the one I am more familiar with collecting and the nostalgia is why I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment