Saturday, December 15, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Playoff Football

Playoff football is back 90's fans! Much different layout than the 90's. It's even double the amount of hits from 2017. Instead of two, this years has four. I actually think that's the better layout and might attract more collectors to it.

This is my first break of it since it's return so let's see how that goes.
In every box of 2018 Playoff football there are 12 packs of 8 cards per pack. Boxes have two autographs and two memorabilia cards per box. Boxes run about $100 so not bad for the amount of hits. I would rather take a risk here for that price with 96 cards per box instead of a higher end product with only 7 cards.

The base set is 300 cards. 200 of those are veterans and 100 are rookies. The design is pretty simple but has some nice photographs.

The rookie photos are from the rookie photo shoot. (no Barkley in my box)

There are also parallels to find as well in the product as with any product.  I pulled two 1st downs /99 (Garoppolo and Sutton) and one 3rd down /25 of Coutee.

Then this /10 Fourth Down of Julius Peppers.

Inserts include the following parallels, Gold, and Touchdown 1/1.

The inserts in Playoff are reminiscent of those from the 90's. They all look great and I was really happy with the insert finds here with all of the rainbow shine foil. The layouts and design were well done too. Probably the best inserts I have seen Panini do yet.

Playoff Heroes:

Rookie Wave: (I want the Barkley!!)

Hidden Gems:

Air Command:

Thunder and Lightning:

Star Gazing:

Now onto the hits.

Accolades of Matt Ryan

Turning Pro. Nice four color patch of DJ Chark Jr.

Nice! Another Sony Michel find! The autograph cards are thick like a jersey card vs the thinner base.

And a Rookie Ticket autograph preview from Contenders. Playoff has a few preview autograph products such as Contenders and Optic. This one is /24 because it's a variation of Dolphins RB Kalen Ballage.
Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours include,
  • Rookies Autographs Red Zone
  • Rookies Autographs Touchdown
  • Rookie Autograph Variations
  • Rookie Autograph Variations 4th Down
  • Game Day Signatures
  • Hall of Fame Autographs
  • Touchdown Tandems Autographs
  • Contenders Preview Rookie Ticket Autograph
  • Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Autograph Bronze
  • Game Day Memorabilia
  • Rookie Stallions Memorabilia
OVERALL: A fun product overall. Nice looking base set to chase, some big hits await and most of all finally some nice looking inserts. All of which I would build a set of if I was looking at sets currently. Right now I have enough other projects but who knows, maybe I will return to it.

The product is also pretty affordable for four hits and also comes in retail box form at $40 and two hits including one autograph. Rookie cards however are not plentiful in the product as I found I got veterans 3:1 over rookie cards.

However, if you don't want to fork out the money, I think for a product like this it's best to stick with a box break and I strongly recommend using Midwest Box Breaks for your breaking needs. THEY HIT ME A HUGE CARD in this product and I can't wait to show it off. They are always hitting the big pulls so if they are currently breaking this, you could put yourself in a good spot.

Please thank Panini America and Tracy Hackler for providing this box for me to review to giveaway some of the hits in my Christmas giveaway!! Please follow them on all social media sites and visit their website for all your card needs, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment