Tuesday, December 18, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Gallery Baseball Collector Box

That artistic feel that was from the 90's and returned a few years ago is back for more action in 2018.

This product is a Walmart Exclusive product meaning it's only sold at Walmart unless you buy some off from online sites like eBay. But, I don't suggest that as the boxes are always marked up. These come in a different levels but today I am breaking the retail equivalent of a hobby box.

Last years product I was pretty happy with and was happy it returned for another year. What were my thoughts on this edition? Well, read on to see my thoughts.

In every box of 2018 Topps Gallery baseball Collectors Box is 20 packs of 5 cards per pack. You will find two autographs per box and boxes currently run at $80.

Each box also comes with a box topper. For some reason my picture of the card didn't upload, but mine was a base version of Adrian Beltre. But you can find original pieces in these toppers. Pretty cool.

The base set is done by a great group of artists, seen here on a filler card,

and captures each player in the 200 card base set and throughout the product. The base set features current stars,

legends of the game,

and all of the key rookies. Surprisingly for once I found them all in my break.

There are also 50 short prints to chase to make up the total of 200. Adding short prints to a base set I have always been fond of. Makes the chase for the base set more challenging and adds value to it instead of putting the whole thing in a box.

The product also features parallels. But, which ones don't anymore.

This is a Private Issue

And this is a Orange /25

Other parallels include, Wood, Green /99, Blue /50, Red 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

Inserts have parallels as well. These include, Green /250, Blue /99, Orange /25, and Red 1/1

Heritage Set. 40 cards to chase in this one.

Masterpiece has 30 cards in all to collect.

 Hall Of Fame Gallery set has 30 cards to collect

here was a green parallel find!

Now onto my autograph finds. Try not to look if you can and just sigh.

Cam Gallagher

Nick Pivetta
Ouch. I haven't heard of either of those guys. I am sure more in-depth fans have but from such a big checklist I had hoped to at least land one name I know.

Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours include,
  • Cut Signatures
  • Hall of Fame Gallery Autographs
  • Impressionists Autograph
  • Masterpiece Autographs 
OVERALL: Well, I love the look of the product, just too bad for $80 my box didn't provide me with a decent hit. It was a rough break in terms of value.

I like the switch to a white border for the base cards instead of colored and the gold foil helps add a distinguished look overall. The inserts don't look too bad either.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to a new contest coming up. Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment