Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Ken Griffey Jr Update

Two weekends ago, I spent countless hours taking Ken Griffey Jr cards out of toploaders and a binder. Then spent another countless hours on sorting those by year which wasn't that easy I found out. My eyes and those years on the back of the cards don't match up as well as they used to ten years ago.

But, I got two thirds of my job done in one weekend with one more binder to go. That one however will take awhile on it's own.

Here I show some of the progress in the beginning on the start. Piles of toploaders off to the side, believe me the stack is much bigger than that, and the Griffeys sorted by year on the front. I didn't turn them around by back side on the tray as I wanted to actually see the fronts.

And here is the progress thus far put by year on my desk. Notice something a tad odd, well, I did as I sorted through the first binder and those toploaders. Not ONE SINGLE, card from 2011 in the mix which is the empty gap in the second to last row.

From some of my research, there wasn't really any Ken Griffey Jr in 2011 other than a few Panini, very few Topps and mostly Tri-Star cards. I wonder why. I didn't realize that there were no Griffey cards in a year. Now I need to see in this final binder if I have any in general. How do you not have one of the All-Time greats in your product???

More updates to come on this big sorting project. I have so, so much to go with this Griffey project.

No comments:

Post a Comment