Saturday, March 2, 2019

Parts Of My Past

The readers will come.

They'll come on here for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll click on the link to here, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive here as innocent as children, longing for the past.

As you all have noticed today, something has changed on Sport Card Collectors. Well, formally Sport Card Collectors.

For years I have mentioned a name change for the blog but never actually pulled the trigger to do so, but today, the day after my seven year blog anniversary on here, that day has finally come. Not only is there a name change, but theme as well.

Back in December, I came to the realization I was coming into writers block for the current theme on Sport Card Collectors. I also realized you pair writers block with the fact that I wouldn't always have mail days or reviews to keep me going every day, I had to do some serious thinking on how I would continue on and keep it interesting for myself. The end result, well, I realized I needed to dig into my past to post in the present. Hence, the blog name.

So along with reviews from current products and the occasional newer card mail day posts (if it's something huge or related to the new theme I am hauling in then it goes on here but the rest will be on Twitter), I will be taking a trip back to the 90's when I first started collecting like never before. Not only will I discuss cards from that era of my collecting, but late 80's-90's Toys, music, TV Shows, Movies, and other memories from my past which some could be very funny and possibly a tad embarrassing. They will also blend in with a theme of those things as well. I am not sure if I will be able to post these daily, but I will see how much work will be put into each post from each memory I recover. I want these new posts going forward to be perfect.

I plan on using The Origins Of A Cardboard Addict series name to do the new posts going forward since that name seems to be popular among readers. However, it is an improved version of that series or at least I believe so.

Their hobby memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces

I already had the theme ready to go a long time ago, but the blog name was the hardest part. So I went brainstorming with @Jake1725 who was one of a very few select people I told about my major plan. I wanted this to be a shocking surprise to everyone of my readers.

Jake and I threw thoughts and ideas back and forth for the name of this blog for a few weeks. Some stood out more than others while some fell flat or were completely fun ridiculous. In the end, I had it narrowed down to two names that I thought were fitting for what I was trying to do. The first one, All That And A Box Of Cards was pretty catchy and based off from some 90's slang. However, when Jake pitched a line Part Of Our Past from the movie Field Of Dreams from the big speech given by James Earl Jones it caught on. I gave that line a quick change to Parts Of My Past and it seemed fitting for what my idea was.

As you can also tell I used the speech to theme my post for today.

I hope everyone enjoys the new content going forward. I will be spewing out many memories or those that I can still gather together from a multitude of growing up fun and each story is a part of my past and shows how I got here today.

This blog, this hobby, it's apart of my past. It reminds me of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, the readers will come. Readers will most definitely come.

No comments:

Post a Comment