Saturday, July 6, 2019

I Was Taken To The Valley Of The Cardboard

Last week, I tweeted out that I was still working the blue parallel set from 2015 Panini Americana hoping that someone would have some to help me knock more down. Well, as usual, I didn't get a lot of responses but I did get a really cool one that turned out to be so much more than I expected.

@ValleyOfCards responded that they had some and we worked out what was going to be a minor trade. Then out kindness, he passed along so much more.

We got to talking about non sport cards and collecting them, so we both shared some pieces to our collection which is always fun to connect with others and it led into him showing my other Americana stuff he had available. 

I was very interested as I will collect any celebrity hits, remember that trading friends, and told him I would trade for all. Not only did he not request anything in return for those hits, he also sent along more set help for the other insert sets I am building in Americana and sent a bunch more stuff.

Let's check out what was sent,

 Daisy Ridley

 Silver Record inserts

 On The Tube inserts

 Silver Screens

Winners Circle

Freeze Frame. I really dig this insert line with the acetate embedded as a frame. Hoping to collect them all but such a big set. These two are both new.

 Star Wars inserts

 Star Wars base

Slade Shirley relic. I have seen these before but never owned one. Really like the multicolor relic

 Co-Stars dual relic

 Then a Teresa Giudice to go with my Joe

These relics of the legends in Hollywood that Panini made for these are stunning. This relic of Lillian Gish is so so cool. Look at that old school swatch.

Jayne Mansfield dual relic. The bottom swatch must have been from a nice dress as it shows some sparkle spots.

A big thanks goes out to @ValleyOfCards for sending these along. I will make sure to get you a return PWE out by the end of the week. I suggest giving them a follow, great people to talk with and check out their website as well that has tons of great items and is easy to navigate,
https://www.valleyofcards.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment