Monday, September 9, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Topps Luminaries Baseball

High End products are always fun to see in hand. They can either provide a huge boom or a huge bust. There is no gray line in my opinion which is why it's a gamble.

This is year three of Luminaries and it has worked that way for me. First year, even though I like Bernie Williams, he doesn't quite pay for the box. Last year I landed Nolan Ryan. Let's see how the 2019 break went.

Each of 2019 Topps Luminaries comes with one card. The card is numbered to 15 or less and is an autographed or autographed relic. Boxes run, well, $200.

 Box opened...mystery....

Mystery revealed! Ivan Rodriguez autograph relic /10. First time I landed an autograph relic.

Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours include,
  • Home Run Kings
  • Master of the Mound Autographs
  • Lighting the Way Dual Autograph
  • Hit Kings Autographs
  • Hit Kings Autograph Patches
  • Home Run Kings Autograph Relics
  • Masters of the Mound Autograph Relics
  • Masters of the Mound Autograph Patches
  • Lighting the Way Dual Autograph Relic
  • Hit Kings Autograph Patch Dual Book
  • Hit Kings Ultra Book
  • Hit Kings Ultimate Book
  • Home Run Kings Autograph Patch Dual
  • Home Run Kings Autograph Patch Triple Book
  • Home Run Kings Ultra Book
  • Home Run Kings Ultimate Book
  • Masters of the Mound Autograph Patch Dual
  • Masters of the Mound Ultra Book
  • The Greatest Book
  • Letters Autograph Book
  • Cut Signatures
  • Cut Signature Relics
  • Cut Signature Bat Knob Book
  • Lighting the Way Autograph/Cut Signature
OVERALL:Great looking card first of all. Quite stunning and that's the way it should be for a high end product. That's actually what I look at first before I judge value. To me value is determined by what player you pull and what they mean to you. To most, it's what you pay vs what you get in return so I always break that down to. For me, I liked Ivan and the many teams he played on. The most memorable for me was his time with the Marlins actually.

Money ways, this was a tough break. It's not very often you say that about pulling a /10 card of a Hall Of Fame catcher but it is. Value wise, he is worth roughly $40 compared to the box price of $200. Like I said, there is no gray area.

However, this product has a significant amount of big pulls. Tons. Trouts, legends, vets, cut signatures and more. There is plenty to gamble on if that's for you.

If you want in on a box break of this product without paying box prices, I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the giveaway on Twitter I am hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well  

No comments:

Post a Comment