Saturday, October 12, 2019

Episode 11:1999 Fleer Metal Football Pack Break

Did you say PMG? Wait, you don't know what that is? It's a Precious Metal Gem and it is awesome. You can only find the parallel in packs of Fleer Metal and they are not easy finds. I never once landed one in a pack. Not once. I busted Metal all day long.

Let's see if it helps that I waited 20 years to bust another pack.

1999 Fleer Metal has 6 cards per pack and pack for me was $2.50 like the Invincible one. My hope for a PMG was high.

Pack odds

The base cards design for 1999 was my least favorite one of the late 90's. 1997 Fleer Metal was my favorite with the funky fun worldly backgrounds.

Let's see how they look:

Mark Bruener

Larry Centers. He was a fun one to watch

Zach Thomas was a beast for the Dolphins

Ricks! I seemed to find a lot of his inserts in packs back at the time

Johnnie Morton

NFLPD subset card of Jessie Tuggle. That facemask alone frightens me.

Not the best pack rip in terms of players, but the memories of busting this helped cover that up. I may go back and try another seeking out that PMG or even an autograph as they were starting to be added. Will post on here if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment