Saturday, October 12, 2019

Episode 21:Breaking A Box Of 1999 Leaf Rookies And Stars Football

I recently made a big trade with my friend and fellow 90's wax buster Shane. He is the one who runs the Cheap Wax Wednesday and Other Stuff where he breaks boxes that cost under $50 from 80's, 90's and today.

In my trade, I not only got some set help along with some sweet singles,I will show off on here, I  was also able to land some boxes of stuff from 1995-1999 that I will bust and show off on here as well.

Today marks the final box in our trade with a break of 1999 Leaf Rookies and Stars football.

There was actually a shot at some hits in this break, it wasn't what I was going for, but would be fun to find. There are 24 packs of 9 cards each. This box was a higher priced one at $37. My expectations for this one was high.

The base cards are easy design. Team color down one side to to the bottom with player name and team logo built in. There are some decent action shots as well.


Had to show off a new Kerry!




I really have a hard time remembering Chris in a Falcons uniform, but he must have been.

Rookies in the set were 1:2 packs so you roughly get 12. I remember when I busted some of this in 1999 that the big chase was for Kurt Warner and that's who I hoped to get. Instead I got some no names mixed in with

A few known ones, the best being Kevin Faulk, Ricky Williams and Jevon Kearse.

Now onto the inserts. Unlike other boxes from the 90's, Rookies and Stars or any Donruss product didn't put odds on their inserts. They just randomly stuck them in there. So who knows which ones were rare or not but all were numbered. Which I think helped with their value.

Let's see what I pulled.
Great American Heroes Of Terrell Davis #d to 2500

Game Plan of Doug Flutie #d to 2500


Cross Training of John Elway #d to 1250

Greatest Hits #d to 2500 of Terry Glenn


Ticket Masters featuring two of the teams top players. I got Seattle with Watters and Galloway #d to 2500

Freshman Orientation of James Johnson #d to 2500


Woooooooo. Nice hit alert folks! Longevity parallel numbered to 50! I can't imagine these were easy pulls.

Well, no hits but a whole lot of fun still. Once again this trade for 90's wax left me wanting more. A big thanks goes out to Shane for another fun trade and I hope we can do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment