Saturday, November 9, 2019

$25 A Week Challenge Week 1:Knocking Down An Autograph Need

Hello!
This segment will become a regular on this blog as I will show you what I grabbed for $25 or less for the week.

These pickups will be all over the map. Autographs I need, toys, cards from all sports and non sports, off the beat relics and even some unopened packs. It should be a fun ride to take you all on. My collecting is all over the place that you would think I have a PHD in ADHD In Collecting.

Maybe I should try to get a degree for this.

Today I kick off the first one with some NY Giants pickups and an autograph of a player I have waited years to acquire. So sit back and see how I spent $25 this week.

For $5.75, I was able to snag my very first Panini Instant card. I couldn't live without this one of Daniel Jones getting his first win. Jones has been quite impressive so far for the Giants and leaving the naysayers in the distance.

There are only 668 cards produced of this one.


When I look at my Giants, I like to collect players of the past and even players that made it two games with them, but when I can get a current rookie, who has a ton of upside, lot that's shiny and has an autographed card for .99 plus $2.75 shipping, you better believe I will take that deal every time.

It feels like a century since I got to watch the Giants in a Super Bowl or even at this point get a winning season. My very first eTopps card of Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin staring at the Lombardi only cost me $1.99 plus $4.59 shipping. Yeah, shipping was a little steep, but the card price hooked me in.

And we finally get to the autograph of a player I have been wanting for awhile. Back in the 90's I really liked watching Kordell "Slash" Stewart player. The guy was one of those Patrick Mahomes types who can do it on the field and on the ground. This was a card I found at the last second and submitted my $2.30 bid in and won. I was surprised to had found a Stewart autograph so cheap. It's also from the 90's, my favorite era of collecting. Also is a sharp card from a great autograph line in the 90's in Inscriptions. This one is from 1999 Score Supplemental and it appears the acetate on these is better than the one used in 1996 and 1997 where the autographs tended to fade.

The Kordell also had $4 in shipping so our total this week is $22.37. Thought I did pretty well here grabbing my first Panini Instant card and an autograph on my needs list since 1995.

So I pass the challenge onto you, if you had $25 this week, what would you have spent it on?

No comments:

Post a Comment