Saturday, November 23, 2019

$25 A Week Challenge Week 3:A Mixed Bag

Okay, okay, I know what you are wondering. What crazy stuff did I grab this week?

Well, a mixed bag my friends! That's all you can expect!

I have stated when I started this series that my hobby is wide open most of the time and I will grab anything that I see fitting my collection.

 
Take this pack of 1997 Fleer Football I scored for only $2.99 and free shipping. There's nothing spectacular about it and I don't even plan to open it as of writing this. Just a memory to have.

This Rueben Randle has been in my dreams since I laid eyes on it. It was first posted on Twitter by my buddy Richard and I tried ever so hard to trade for it, but he wanted to hold onto it as it is a pretty cool swatch on the card. But, recently he announced selling off most of his collection, I found this on eBay. It was a tad high for me with such a small budget, so I messaged him and he kindly came down in price for me. So I scored this cool card for $12 and $3.70 shipping.

If you have read this blog, you know I fall in love with 90's inserts extremely fast if they catch my eye. So when these 1997 Playoff Leather popped up for .99 auction, I threw my bid in. The good news, nobody else did.

Same seller had this for .99 auction to and I won it alongside the George with $3 combined shipping.

A little info on these, they fell 1:24 packs and features 18 players in the set, yes I am seeing it after getting these in hand. The cards have foil  alongside genuine leather, which you can still smell, die cut helmet resembling older glory days of football ones. Cards look even cooler in person as most do.

So this weeks grand total is $22.68. We didn't need to spend all of the $25 this week to have a lot of fun.

Let's pass the question onto you, I want to hear in comments what you would have grabbed this week for $25. It can be one card or can be packs, toys, figures, or whatever as long as it's $25 or below.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment