Thursday, November 28, 2019

Breakin' Wax:2019 Panini Prizm Blaster Box

For weeks I have had to watch people bust open Prizm 2019 football. It's the Topps Chrome now of the NFL and I wanted some bad. The only problem, hobby box prices are outrageous and no retail action was found in sight.

So I patiently waited...and waited...and waited til I got a text from my father that Walmart had Prizm in. The next day, I was there.

This years Prizm has four offerings. Hanger Packs, Hanger Boxes (my Walmart didn't get those in), Blaster Boxes and Mega Boxes. I had three options. I almost went with the Hanger Pack, but wanted a few more cards so went blaster. Why not go Mega you may ask, well, there seems to be an autograph dump off in those. Meaning, all of the autographs are the worst players in the product. I have yet to see a big hit from those.

So I went blaster hoping for some magic.
24 Prizm cards are per box for $20. So you are banking that something in here was good. There is also one relic and three gold laser parallels as well. Anything else you find would be a surprise.

Here were my three promised rookies. Yup, only three rookies per blaster so it's hard to find top players. I like that but then I don't. It drive up their value but also makes it hard for collectors like me to ever land them.

Michael Thomas silver parallel. These are tough finds this year.

I know this is a base card, but just had to applaud for putting Pat Tillman in the product. Great gesture.

Brilliance insert of Jared Goff. His Rams are having a down year.

My hit of the box, Damien Harris relic. I know a Patriots buddy who pulled the Daniel Jones version of this that I bet we can swap for.

Devin Bush Gold Laser

Stefon Diggs Gold Laser

PC PULL!!! Lawrence Taylor Gold Laser

Not a bad break I suppose especially if I can trade that Patriots hit for a Giants one and then the nice LT pull. I also don't mind my rookie pulls either.

Hopefully with Christmas coming up and a few dropped hints, I can bust another one of these.

*************************
Like to do box breaks....well...here's a good one for you...just click on the logo and use the code below
SAVE 10% on your next break with Midwest!! Just use code SCCBLOG to do so. Don't miss out on those big hits any longer! Code ends at the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment