Wednesday, November 27, 2019

REVIEW:2019-2020 Prizm Draft Picks Basketball

ZION MANIA is in full force in the hobby. Every collector wants him and every collector seeks him. Even those that don't even collect basketball.

I know I have fallen victim to it myself and I don't consider myself a basketball guy by any means. Only problem, I have yet to find a Zion.

One of the most popular lines in basketball cards is Prizm and when you combine Zion Mania with a popular line, well, you create chaos!

Let's see if I created any chaos in my break

Every box of 2019-2020 Panini Prizm basketball has 5 packs of 8 cards. Each pack also has an autograph as there are 5 per box.  Boxes currently are still high at $260.

BASE CARDS

There are 100 cards in the base set including two subsets. I haven't yet pulled a Zion base.

All-Americans are one of the subsets

and Crusades is the other. A lot of repeat players in the base and subsets.

PARALLELS
There are a ton of parallels in every box and many I have no idea what they are without looking them up card by card.

Here is an overall look at the parallels,
Silver, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink Pulsar, Purple, Red, R/B Snake Skin, Blue Wave /299, Green/Yellow /249, Purple/Green /199, Neon Orange /149, Neon Green /125, Red/White/Blue /99, Hyper /75, Mojo /49, Carolina Blue /30, Camo /25, Orange Pulsar /20, Green Ice FOTL /18, Gold /10, Gold Vinyl /5, Black 1/1, and Black Mosaic 1/1. 

Like I said, a lot.



Silver Prizms. These are the most popular. They are even more popular than the numbered ones. I see Panini has strategically made them that way both for hobby and retail. Try pulling a retail silver, I dare you.

?

Orange

Hyper

Green Yellow

Purple


Green

Purple Green

Start of a rainbow...I have the pink pulsar to.

Some fun color in this break, just really hard defining what is what since a few of them look like each other.

THE HITS!
My hope was to pull one of the few players I know from this years draft, well, that didn't work out so well. But, let's check out to see what I did pull.

First a look at the overall Prizm parallels for autographs
Blue, Green, Orange, Red, R/B Snake Skin, Purple/Green /199 or less, Neon Orange /149 or less, Neon Green /125 or less, Red/White/Blue /99 or less, Hyper /75 or less, Mojo /49 or less, Carolina Blue /30 or less, Camo /25 or less, Orange Pulsar /20 or less, Green Ice FOTL /18 or less, Gold /10, Gold Vinyl /5, Black 1/1, and Black Mosaic 1/1.

Vic Law silver prizm

Isiah Roby
Lindell Wiggington

TY Jerome

Zylan Cheatham

Sorry I couldn't define what each one of these parallels are. I wished someone like Beckett or even Panini themselves would just make a visual list of each of the parallels so I can just go there and look and say, hey, this is what I pulled.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Well, this box was a bit brutal all around when talking about value. No good autographs, no good Prizm parallels. Of course some of the players pulled could surprise us next year and make this review different, but as of now, ouch.

As for the product in general, looks beautiful. It's just frustrating trying to figure out the parallels.

Wanna use a breaker, I strongly recommend using Midwest Box Breaks for your breaking needs. They are always hitting the big pulls so if they are breaking this, you could put yourself in a good spot. They also SHIP ALL CARDS! Get what you pay for!

SAVE 10% on your next break with Midwest!! Just use code SCCBLOG to do so. Don't miss out on those big hits any longer! Code ends at the end of the year!

Please thank Panini America and Tracy Hackler for providing this box for me to review to giveaway some of the hits in a BIG CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY coming up soon!!! Please follow them on all social media sites and visit their website for all your card needs, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment