Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The RAK Heard Across The World

In the past few weeks, I have made the announcement of my collecting in Darius Slayton cards and even had started a small rainbow in Absolute football of him.

Well, @mrsjokderp911 saw my tweet about this and showed me a pick of a Slayton from Absolute he had and wanted to just pass it on. Which is pretty darn cool in itself.

So he did as he said and sent the Slayton to me. However, what was really mentioned was the surprises behind the Slayton that would make me scream in happiness so the world can hear.

He partially teased this next card to me....
Daniel Jones XR gold parallel patch #d 3/10. Whoa. Holy smokes. And what a great looking card at that. Only my second Jones relic and the other came from him as well.

And those two cards were already more than enough. But, it must not have been for @mrsjokderp911 who also threw this bad boy in.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

I stopped in my tracks and went on a big happy word rant like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation where he said a bunch of stuff about his boss. I definitely needed some Tylenol to help my headache of celebration.

Who does such RAK's like this?!?!? Well, @mrsjokderp911 does. I have seen his hobby love all over Twitter and watching that in itself is enough to make anyone push themselves to be better at giving. Which is what I am striving to do this Christmas. I actually send out lots of freebies throughout the year, but nobody ever posts them. Which is okay, I don't need the recognition for doing it. But, for me, I have to say thank you. It only takes a few minutes even for this blog post.

@mrsjokderp911, man, I can't thank you enough for this mail day. Means so much to me. I will always remember it when looking back on these cards and your inspiration only drives me to do more. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And for all of you reading this, I hope this kind of post and seeing what someone is doing for others in the hobby is a driving point for you as well. It doesn't even have to be a massive mail day like this, you can change someones day just with a simple few cards out to them. Let's make the hobby fun for all and keep it positive with so much negative I see every day about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment