Sunday, April 5, 2020

Cards,Cards And More Cards

With the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, I sit here thinking about what once was. The freedom to go out shopping, go to work normally, family coming up from Boston and Tennessee, the going to a restuarant, and the other parts that made life normal.

Now it's seclude to your home, my wife going to work dressed up like she was in a movie, can't go to the store unless it's necessities run, family through facetime and life feeling like it will never get back to normal.

Even if it does at some point, life won't ever be the same. I am hoping that will be a positive thing.

I have a few predictions going on in my head sports wise as well. One, the NBA season won't finish. Same goes for NASCAR and NHL. MLB will have to decide if a 30 game season is enough to count. The NFL will have two preseason games and a shortened 8 game regular season. And The National will be postponed til fall or will be cancelled overall. I just feel there is still months to go from going back to a normal life.

2020 will be a year we won't ever forget.

How do I take my mind off from all of that? Well, I shut off the news and I put a lot of focus on sports cards. Whether it's on here or at home. I am not sure where my mind would be without a hobby to rely on.

With all of my newfound extra time, I have been able to squeeze in more time for sorting. I don't sit down for hours of my day to do so, I do have many-many other more important things to do first, but I do squeeze in some breaks and finish a pile or two here and there.

It had gotten so bad, that my entire card "room" was covered on every surface with everything I have sorted by teams or players. The pictures today only show part of the disaster.
 More...

 and more.

One thing I came to realize as I was doing this, my supplies were running low. I use binders,pages, top loaders, boxes and especially penny sleeves which was the most dire need.
That must be the heard need from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders blog who sent along all of these I got in the mail yesterday. This will be YUGE (sorry threw some Trump in here) in helping me move forward from the mess. Should be enough there to help at least tackle my baseball inserts and maybe dive into some football.

Thanks so much Dennis!
Another mail day I got yesterday was from Rod over at Padrographs. I have just recently in the past few weeks added him and a few other blogs to my blogroll. I am not even sure if he follows my blog or knows of it, but thanks Rod for the mail day. I lost my last Urias auto and this makes an excellent replacement!


I hope my predictions above will be wrong of course. I hope by June we will start to see life again. I worry also about the economy crashing as well and how that will effect everyone. It's an ugly mess right now, but we are all in this together. So please do your part by first of all staying home. It's so easy. Second, please take a few minutes out to post some uplifting words. We see enough negativity all over the internet right now, it would be nice to see something positive. Be someones light.

Hope everyone who reads this is well and stay safe!

Also check this out....

No comments:

Post a Comment