Thursday, April 16, 2020

In The News

It was late and I was scrolling through Twitter and saw a tweet by @BrillantCards that he had some auctions ending soon on eBay. Luckily for myself, I had a little bit of money left on a gift card to use up so I went and searched his listings.

He had a bunch of stuff from baseball to football to non sport. His listings all started low and had free shipping which is also appealing to me.

As I scrolled through, I saw some cards from The Bar I have always wanted to take a shot at but never pulled the trigger on any. I think the cards look unique and the relics are different than most. So I started putting a minimal bid on ten of them and won four.

All the ones I won were under $5, some well under.

It wasn't much longer after picking them up, that they were in my hands. Which is quite surprising knowing how slow the mail has gone my way recently.

The first card I got was Paul Revere that included a swatch of newspaper from 1799, not sure how they ever got one of those to use in this, that was an article about him.

next one was an Al Capone, which you can see the word Al in the swatch, of newspaper from 1925.

After that is a Sam Adams, sorry not the beer, newspaper from 1976. I really dug the swatch of newspaper used on this one.

And not all of the cards from The Bar have newspaper relics, some have lost emails...I mean documents in them such as this Hillary Clinton one.

Not everyone seems to like these just looking at the selling prices of most, but I think they are a part of history with the documents/newspaper swatches they contain. Even though in some ways, its hard to think about a newspaper from the 1700's being cut up for a card when it should be saved for a museum. But, maybe there are many of them out there.

What are your guys thoughts on cards like this? Like em? Hate em? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment