Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Multiple Mail Days Keeps The Blog Chugging

With everything going on in the world, the hobby is the one safe place we have. The hobby is that friend that sits beside you and gives you a pat on the shoulder when you need one. The hobby has a bunch of great collectors who are there for you when you need them. The hobby doesn't need to stay 6 ft away from you or wear a mask. It's always right there when you need to turn to it.

I have spent more time actually collecting recently than ever before. I have spent a lot of time self reflecting on what I want to or should be collecting for myself while trying not to fall into the hole of "buying the next best thing".

And this has been a huge help. I have been more focused on finishing up projects more than ever and not moving from thing to thing.

One of my projects I would like to tie up is my 2019 Panini Optic football set. I haven't tackled a "new" set in almost five years as I prefer things in the past more. But, I ended up with a bunch of it in my lap and said hey, let's do this. So I have been trying to finish it up.

A little while ago on Twitter I was fortunate that two followers saw my tweet for help on my set chase.

Up first, a trade with @PattonCards who had a few of the key rookies I was missing such as Sanders, White and Grier. Thanks again for the trade!

And then a RAK from @SportsNerd34 who passed along four needs. Thanks man!

My other project, sticking with collecting Kerry Collins cards. I have had my doubts some days, but I keep pushing on through and picking up needs.
 @asalek77 saw that I was looking for Collins cards on the weekly Sunday giveaway thread and passed along these two Pinnacle Mint cards. As everyone knows, I always have had a crush on those cards and coins combo. Thanks for passing these along!

Up next, another mail day from Rod over at Padrographs. He had three cards up for grabs one day for my PC so I luckily was able to land em.
 1993 Classic Best Derek Jeter who is one of three Yankees I collect anymore, once again focus. Didn't have this one so claimed it.

 One of the greats, plus hologram plus 90's, sign me up! Focus.

And something about this Puckett told me to add it. I do have a small collection of Puckett cards so I will add it to that. Okay, went off focus for a tad, but that's okay.

Thanks again Rod!

Being focused and getting a few mail days in has helped keep this blog flowing for now. I could run out of posts at some point once things completely dry up for me but we will see what I do when that happens. Thanks to some advice from a fellow blogger, I won't be doing filler posts so let's hope something keeps coming in.

Thanks again to everyone I mentioned above. I appreciate it truly and thanks for keeping me on task as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment