Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Catch Heard Around The World

Eli is back to throw, tosses it up deep over the middle....TYREE WITH THE GRAB! How did he ever catch that between multiple defenders and with the ball pinned to helmet and Rodney Harrison hanging all over him??!

We will never fully know.

I think it was God's hand helping hold that ball there.

No matter how you feel that ball stayed there, it did and it drove the Giants to the biggest upset in Super Bowl history beating the 18-0 Patriots.

It's a game and moment that will live on in my mind forever.

When my buddy Valley Of Cards passed along this gold Legends card from 2019 Plates and Patches, it began to move me in a rainbow direction. It was such a moment I would like to watch over and over again. So I will through cardboard.

I then looked for the rest of the parallels. Found this blue /60

Purple /35

and the red /10. Which has a fun story behind it. When this card popped up I immediately offered the seller the starting price on it which was $4. They declined and countered with $15. I countered with $8 and then they countered with $10. I just didn't feel the card would go that high knowing it's David Tyree so I played the waiting game which I was hoping would pay off. Well, it didn't. The seller won the battle and I landed this for $12.50 which was more than I thought it would go for.

All I am missing from the rainbow is the Green /25 (I have this one now since I typed this up) and Gold 1/1.

Hopefully they will pop up at some point and come reasonably.

No comments:

Post a Comment