Monday, June 8, 2020

Are You The __________ Collector?

I am really far behind in joining in on the fun of Blog Bat Around. I have seen so many great ones recently, that I have kept them all into draft, dug out my cards a few days ago and am finally going to tackle them.

This week is a great week to do so since I have nothing else to post about and I hate fillers honestly.

So Eamus Catuli! posed the question, Are You The __________ Collector? You know, that player you are famous for chasing. The player when someone goes to a card show and sees him and says, "hey, wonder if so and so has that one?"

My player is pretty obvious, even though I do have other player collections, none of them match up to my Rodney Hampton collection. Even though my Griffey is bigger in terms of how many cards, I don't even match up to any of the other Griffey collectors when it comes to rarities and overall numbers. When I think about Griffeys, I think Junior Junkie.

But, I would expect those of you readers out there to see me as the Rodney Hampton guy and hopefully I don't have that much competition though a few cards I really had to battle for.

To me though, my rarities I have along with my total number of cards vs what's remaining to chase is a solid argument that I am the top guy. (dusts off shoulder)

Let's take a look shall we,

Binder is filled to the brim, I am trying to figure out if I want to penny sleeve and move to a box instead. These cards are all by year, brand as well.

I keep my oversized cards in there


And my chases for 100 cards of each of these. thanks to Gavin on that idea. Both are roughly 50 % there.

Some inside looks

Shiny....

Some completed rainbows

More goodies...

even more..

And that's not even counting the box I keep the really rare cards in along with the huge oversized oddities. This also isn't showing off the other parts of my collection.

Oh, and maybe there will be a way to check out all of these someday..... Collectin' Rodney.

I think it would be hard not to argue me as a top dog with Rodney collecting. I can't compare my collection to anyones unless I take some time out on TCDB and see where I am. As of now, I have about 720 or so Rodneys in my collection out of 840 roughly out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment