Thursday, June 4, 2020

Breakin' Wax:1996 Scoreboard NFL Lasers

My latest box break made possible by Shane over at Project Pedro Blog, features "Lasers". Something that Dr.Evil and myself can get behind.

Well, they aren't real lasers, but a fun product that could produce some decent pulls. Like the box says, insert quality on every card and even the wrappers are collectible!

Inside of every box of 1996 NFL Lasers, there is 24 packs of 6 cards. There are long hard odds of finding autographs but there's a chance. Fingers crossed.

The base set featured 100 cards including veterans and top rookies like Eddie George and Marvin Harrison. Not too mention Amani Toomer. The base design was a foil etching and basically focused on the main player. There was also a faded background




I didn't complete my full base set chase in this box, so will need some help to get me there. I have those needs listed under football card needs.

Now here's the moment of truth, did I pull one of the 1:150 odds autograph....

Laser Images that fell 1:7 packs. Great looking insert. The black rainbow foil really makes these stand out.

Sunday's Heroes fell 1:22 packs

And my autograph...sorry there wasn't one. However, Shane got this box as well and found a Drew Bledsoe auto in his. Luck of the pick I guess.

This was a pretty fun break and took me back to when I picked up a few packs of the product when it released. I don't believe there was another release of this product again. I keep waiting for Panini to rename one of their many products this, just give it time.

Did you ever bust any of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment