Thursday, July 16, 2020

Profiles Sent By Padrographs

Man, do I ever miss being in the 80's and 90's with so much going on in the world right now. Those were good times for me and there wasn't a lot of stress and worries.

Unlike today, it's full of it. It makes you either want the world to end like in Revelations and have Jesus take me home or lock myself in a closet in the house forever. It's a better ending then stepping outside or even turning on the news most days.

I may not have a time machine, but at least through cardboard, I can travel back to the greatest times of my life.

Thanks to my latest mail day from Rod over at Padrographs as I claimed two cards in one of his latest giveaway posts that takes me back.

These Topps Profiles came out in 1996 Topps at 1:12 odds. It features Topps spokesmen Kirby Puckett  for the AL and Tony Gwynn  for the NL and has them give opinions on players within their league.

Here is a Cal done by Puckett

And a Thomas done by Puckett.

I didn't get any from the NL. But, man, I love these. Topps did these for every sport back then.

Padrographs even added in a new piece for my bloggers PC. Yes, I have a thing like that. I keep the notes, stickers, business cards, etc that any of you send me and store them in a box for the memories.

Speaking of memories, 2020 won't bring out many great ones for myself, but there is still a lot of the year left to make some.

Thanks again Rod for the mail day!

No comments:

Post a Comment