Sunday, September 20, 2020

Coffee With Rodney:1995 Topps Series 2 Gold Foil GameDay Uncut Sheet

*sits down with his imaginary cup of coffee sitting across from Rodney Hampton about to show him the newest addition to his Super Collection*

What's this? Rodney Hampton on Sunday's is back? Well, for now it will be with some latest mail day offerings. I have at least the next three weeks covered with new Rodney Hampton goodness to show off.

Today's latest Super Collector addition is the first time I have ever seen it. It's a uncut sheet insert from an issue of 1995 Game Day. I believe that's the Giants official Magazine on well, Game Day that you can buy at the stadiums.

This six card sheet contained the one and only Rodney Hampton so I needed it despite the sheet not being flawless. It has a small crease down the center of it but for only a couple of bucks and being the only I have ever seen, it was still an obvious need.

The sheet featured Corey Miller, Chris Calloway, Thomas Randolph, Thomas Lewis, Doug Riesenberg and of course da man Rodney Hampton.

*I take a sip, imaginary Rodney takes a sip enjoying the six card sheet*

It appears they made a series of these preview sets as the next one was going to be Stadium Club football from 1995. I wonder if that one will ever make an appearance and if Rodney would be on it and how many of these were made and how many had Rodney. A good mystery maybe I will be able to unravel some day.

Also, you can see the crease better now that I blew up this photo. It wasn't terrible, but still noticeable for this blogger.

*finishes up cup of coffee, imaginary Rodney does the same and we will be back next week for another edition*

No comments:

Post a Comment