Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Spot The Difference:Gives Me Goosebumps

I have a new fun idea as my creativity is flowing on here again.

When I was a kid, I loved Spot The Differences in Highlights magazine. You know, two pictures side by side that you would have to compare to see what's different in picture two from picture one.

Well, I have taken that concept into a blog post.

Today, you will see two what seems to be similar posts but they will have their differences. Post number one will be the real post, the second one coming up today will be the fake version. I challenge you to pick out the 10 differences and comment with them on the second post that will publish around 5pm et. Things to keep an eye out for is picture changes, work mispellings, etc. 

If this works out well I will do more of these down the road and I also challenge you to a BLOG BAT AROUND of doing your own!

So have fun!

Now onto the post...

Just like many bloggers and collectors it appears, I am also on the hunt for 2020 Where Monsters Live set.

With some help online from @gradyfishinsea, @nekbone860, and @farmercard i was able to narrow down my set chase need to 3. I am getting ever so close!

In my trade with @farmercard, along with getting a card need for my Where Monsters Live set chase, we also worked out a trade that gave me some Goosebumps.
Well, not these kind of Goosebumps but close.

Instead it was the writer of the popular kid series Goosebumps relic card. I know a lot of people are never happy with Allen And Ginter because of relics like this, but this is exactly why I love that product.

RL Stine was an inspiration to me growing up wanting to write. A lot of my early pieces from Grade 4 all the way to my senior year in High School were horror/scary stories and many I still have now. I also wrote an unpublished horror book that remains on a pin drive with needed corrections that I started but never finished. Maybe some day I will jump back on and finish those corrections or maybe even start a new story. I have always been passionate about writing my entire life and I don't think that will ever change. One dream I have is to get a book published but the only way you can chase and follow a dream is to stick with the chase and never give up. I feel as if I took a break from chasing mine, I have been thinking a lot recently that maybe it was time to pick up that momentum again. I am not getting any younger.

Thanks to @farmercard for the trade. Now I need to find someone who has the matching RL Stine autographed card from Allen and Ginter along with any of the mini's and parallels.

No comments:

Post a Comment