Friday, October 30, 2020

Who You Gonna Call? Part 1

Growing up I loved the Ghostbusters. From the movie to the cartoon series to the toys, I was a die hard fan.

Even as an adult, I still enjoy all aspects of Ghostbuters and am counting down until next year's movie sequel. It can't get here fast enough and I was saddened that Covid-19 pushed the movie off til next year.

When I heard that Cryptozoic was making a card set based on Ghostbusters, it was obvious that I needed some. How much of it would I collect? I wasn't sure. I just knew I had to at least have some and at the time I did grab some. 

Fast forward four years later from its release and I am happy to say I have tackled the Master Set.

What do I consider the Master Set to Cryptozoic Ghostbusters as? The base, the inserts, the autographs, slime cards, patch cards and promo cards. Not the 1/1's, as that would be impossible for anyone.

It took me a good year to track down all of the parallels to the base and inserts, but I finally did it. They were not easy to find and I may had taken all available ones as well. Had to order most overseas to even land them.

So in Part 1 of this two-parter, I will be showing off the base, inserts and parallels followed by the hits tomorrow for Part 2.

Let's bust this one down first,

Tricks And Traps 9 card set,


 Regular

Tricks and Traps Cryptomium Parallel (very tough to find with each card landing at 1:56 packs)


Tricks and Traps Silver Foil

Sing For Your Specter

Regular 


Silver Foil

Quotes
Regular

 

Silver Foil

Behind The Scenes

Regular

Silver Foil

Characters (also the three promo cards with Gozer, Ghostbusters symbol and Stay Puft, there is no silver parallels to the promo cards but there is a cryptomium to Stay Puft that I haven't seen listed yet)


Base

Regular

Silver

If you couldn't already tell, all of these are bindered making for a fun easy flip through and what I considered was the best way to display them.

That's it for Part 1. Tomorrow stay tuned as we take a dive into the hit portion of this set which includes a lot of fun pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment