Nick, of Dime Boxes fame, seems to have started something that's been rather popular across the blogs a couple of months ago with the 10 things list and now it's my turn. Better late, than never!
I found this to be a really cool conversation piece as I saw he landed close to 20 comments on both of his posts for it. I have only reached twenty a few times on any of my posts and that was because they were giveaways.
Let's see how my lists do. These are in no particular order.
1. Panini Baseball Cards. Yup, I know they are missing logos, but, they are packed with value and a good portion of them look awesome especially the inserts in Donruss. If you can push past the fact there is no team logos, you will find yourself really engaged with what Panini is putting out.
2. Allen And Ginter Pop Culture. The top thing I like about Allen and Ginter is the non sport PC. Other than that it's just another product. The mix of pop culture and baseball is what makes it worthwhile. I see so many that complain about the inclusion but I root it on and can't wait to see who they include.
3. Non Sport Card. This is kind of a follow up to number 2. I love Non Sport Cards and have continued to grow my collection the last few years and will continue to.
4. Fleer from 1995. This set is very nostalgic to me and I enjoy the wacky/90s colors and designs on the product.
5. Sticker Autographs. Well, it's more like something I can deal with. Autographs are autographs to me, sticker or on-card. I don't cry when I pull one. Well, unless it's an awful player.
6. Collecting Football Cards. The blogosphere is very baseball heavy and I am one of the very few football guys on here. Which is a positive for me as I can send baseball your way in exchange for football cards.
7. Watching the NFL. There are a lot of die hard fans and then there is the blogosphere/die hard baseball fans which doesn't seem to like football a whole lot. Either way, I am happy to watch it.
8. Set Collecting. Many have pushed away set collecting as buying/flipping is such a huge thing but I am still into it after 24 years. I have made my set collecting more specific now, but it still exists and I enjoy it.
9.Trading. So many prefer to sell, but I prefer to trade. How could I not like unloading something I don't want for something I do. Makes sense to me.
Well that does it. Sadly, I found this list harder to make than the things I hate one..hmmm....
If you haven't tried out these posts yet, I hope you do. Would love to see what you come up with.
(by the way, another think I like is the contest that Chavez Ravining is hosting over on his blog. You can enter as well, HERE.)