Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The GOAT's Autograph

I recently posted two boxes of Goodwin Champions that I got as a prize for my latest Upper Deck Volunteer Alliance mission and promised to post rest of that mail day.

Well, here it is so hold on tight!

Up first some promo packs from hockey events. I think the Golden Knights cards are pretty cool.

Next a Joe Theismann relic, my first of his. The card actually states that the relic is game used which I found that to be extremely interesting knowing that most of the relics in Goodwin are usually player worn. Goudey Autograph of Max Holloway. Not sure who he is, but he has an interesting autograph.

I do know who Steven Stamkos is. Nice score right here.

But nothing tops finding this card in my mail day. THE GOAT. Yes, GOAT. There is no greater running back than Barry. Sorry Rodney if I offended you but I am sure you would even agree.
 
I usually only call GOATs ones who win multiple championships and lead their teams to them. But, Barry falls under a different category. Nobody can run like he did. I haven't ever seen a back that can go backwards 20 yards and take it to the house with some overly swifty moves. No running back can break a guys ankles like Barry. No player was THE TEAM like Barry. Nobody will ever step away from the game like Barry (even though Calvin Johnson sort of did) Everything was based around Barry and he was the bright spot that everyone wanted to see. I mean that's the only reason I ever watched Thanksgiving games. The sad thing is that Detroit never provided much talent to go with him so a ring was never going to happen. He deserved one just like Emmitt and all of his.

I am extremely happy to finally have Barry off of my want list something I wasn't sure would ever happen.

A big thanks to UD for another fun mission and mail day. I am looking forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment