Saturday, March 3, 2018

Nuttin But The HIts:2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions

If you didn't know by now, I am apart of a special club and have been since 2011. It's called The Upper Deck Volunteer Alliance.  This "club" takes on missions designated by Upper Deck to help make the hobby a better place. In exchange for our hard work, we could be chosen to receive an Upper Deck mail day.

I was a lucky recipient with the latest mission receiving two boxes of 2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions along with a few other cards including one that knocks off a want list card. Yup, pretty stinkin' cool club to be apart of.

Today I will showcase box number one in my break. As an early hotline tip. box two was much, much more exciting.
Let's get to the break! There are 20 packs per box and 6 cards per pack. Boxes have 3 hits in a mix of things and boxes run about $100 per.
The one thing that is always a draw-in for me with Goodwin, is its quirkiness. Love the oddballs you won't find elsewhere. One of those newest additions was Stephen King who I idolized and wanted to be as a kid. I grew up with a horror movie mom. He also had autograph and memorabilia cards. I didn't pull those in either of my breaks so they will be added to my want list if any of you come across one. The product also has Trey Griffey cards in them. My first ones of my heroes sons cards.

Up next are some minis. These fall 1:4 packs.

Also pulled this canvas mini as well.
 

These are the black and white base card Sp's that fall 1:4 packs.

Absolutely loved the bold colors on the Goudey inserts. Found myself a Wayne Gretzky! If only I could find his autograph.

Now onto the hits. Well, despite how cool they look, I will say it's a tad disappointing to find a lenticular card of space as two of my three hits.

These, like other hits in the box, have different tiers of rarity.

Comet Galaxy is in Tier 2 and falls 1:120 packs. So not a bad pull per say.

And Neptune is a base one falling at 1:64 packs.

My last hit was this Kevin Maitan relic card. The relics also have levels of rarity but Maitan was a base one at 1:51 packs.
 
I loved busting this stuff even though my hits were not the best. But, the oddballs of finding a horse card as base or former presidents add a pretty cool dimension to the product.
More to come from this mail day and from another box break.

No comments:

Post a Comment