- I LOST SOME SPONSORS AND DIDN'T DO REVIEWS FOR GIVEAWAYS. This was tough on me as blog views dropped because of it, but I added a new sponsor I never thought I would have landed. I also started a successful RAK thread on Twitter and did mini giveaways from my own collection. I am hopeful that next year the reviews will be back again and we can do it up big!
- ALL RETAIL IS ALWAYS SOLD OUT. Saved me some money and I was able to grab a few boxes on on Black Friday for the first time in years.
- QUARANTINED AT HOME. This gave me lots of extra time to reorganize my entire collection which has been a ton of fun. It also helped me get going on some new projects and finish up some others.
- QUARATINED AT HOME 2: When I wasn't sorting, I worked on my Beckett article and was able to launch CARDS OVER COFFEE which has become a fan favorite despite the lack of views.
- AVOIDING PUBLIC MEANT LESS POST OFFICE RUNS: Made me appreciate the power of a PWE trade. A lot of my big home run trades this year didn't happen as I avoided going out in public and going to the post office so I made a lot of small pwe trades which helped me add to my collection still.
- NO SUPPLIES: I took the opportunity of this as a gateway to change the way I sort things in a way I may not have tried before. I also learned to use what I already had to its full extent.
- Rodney Hampton Want List
- Kerry Collins Want List
- Allan Houston Want List
- 2019 Prizm Rainbow Eli Manning
- 2020 Allen Ginter RL Stine
- 2020 Illusions Clear Shots Eli Manning Rainbow
- 2020 Donruss Rookie Sweater Needs
- NY Giants PC Breakdown
- Product Reviews
- Big Blue Cardboard
- Cards Over Coffee
- 1995 Set Needs
- 1996 Set Needs
- 1997 Set Needs
- 1998 Set Needs
- 1999 Set Needs
- Other Set Needs
- WANT LIST
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Monday, December 28, 2020
Does today's title draw you right in? Does anything get more setsier than a title that says, Gold Fingers? If you clicked on today's post, I would say I have my answer.
Back in 1996, Fleer Metal created an 12-card set made of
24-karat etcheTd gold foil of the NFL's top receivers at the time. These cards fell 1:8 packs.
You also have to take a look at the details and design where you can tell creativity was used. How many of you remember a time when creativity was used in the hobby?
I was able to grab these four cards from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace where I saved 10% on them by using code 15Burbank. You can check them out yourself by clicking THIS LINK HERE:https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/
With these latest adds, I have 7 of the 12 for the set. I hope to add the rest soon as they look impressive on 9 page sheets.
That does it for today's Sets Talk. Hope you had a golden time and remember, there is more sets to come.