- I LOST SOME SPONSORS AND DIDN'T DO REVIEWS FOR GIVEAWAYS. This was tough on me as blog views dropped because of it, but I added a new sponsor I never thought I would have landed. I also started a successful RAK thread on Twitter and did mini giveaways from my own collection. I am hopeful that next year the reviews will be back again and we can do it up big!
- ALL RETAIL IS ALWAYS SOLD OUT. Saved me some money and I was able to grab a few boxes on on Black Friday for the first time in years.
- QUARANTINED AT HOME. This gave me lots of extra time to reorganize my entire collection which has been a ton of fun. It also helped me get going on some new projects and finish up some others.
- QUARATINED AT HOME 2: When I wasn't sorting, I worked on my Beckett article and was able to launch CARDS OVER COFFEE which has become a fan favorite despite the lack of views.
- AVOIDING PUBLIC MEANT LESS POST OFFICE RUNS: Made me appreciate the power of a PWE trade. A lot of my big home run trades this year didn't happen as I avoided going out in public and going to the post office so I made a lot of small pwe trades which helped me add to my collection still.
- NO SUPPLIES: I took the opportunity of this as a gateway to change the way I sort things in a way I may not have tried before. I also learned to use what I already had to its full extent.
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Ending 2020 Right
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Giants Cardboard: Eli's Gaining Momentum
Tuesday, December 29, 2020
It's Fun To Win Again
Monday, December 28, 2020
Let's Talk About Sets Volume 46:Gold Fingers
Does today's title draw you right in? Does anything get more setsier than a title that says, Gold Fingers? If you clicked on today's post, I would say I have my answer.
Back in 1996, Fleer Metal created an 12-card set made of 24-karat etcheTd gold foil of the NFL's top receivers at the time. These cards fell 1:8 packs.
You also have to take a look at the details and design where you can tell creativity was used. How many of you remember a time when creativity was used in the hobby?
I was able to grab these four cards from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace where I saved 10% on them by using code 15Burbank. You can check them out yourself by clicking THIS LINK HERE:https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/
With these latest adds, I have 7 of the 12 for the set. I hope to add the rest soon as they look impressive on 9 page sheets.
That does it for today's Sets Talk. Hope you had a golden time and remember, there is more sets to come.
Sunday, December 27, 2020
Giants Cardboard:Mosaic Adds!
Saturday, December 26, 2020
Giants Cardboard: RAK N Trade
Friday, December 25, 2020
You Serious Clark?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.
When today ends, I usually pull down my decorations the next day and start a countdown to summer and warm weather again. But I wouldn't be honest if in the back of my mind there wasn't also a countdown to next year's Christmas.
25 Days Of Cardmas Day 25: That's Christmas To Me
Thursday, December 24, 2020
25 Days Of Cardmas Day 24:The Christmas Song
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
25 Days Of Cardmas Day 23:Joy To The World!
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
The New Mentality
- Buys a pack, blaster, hanger or mega box of a popular product when its able to be found
- Looks up value online to see what it goes for.
- Flips it.
- Buy a pack, blaster, hanger or mega box of a popular product when its able to be found.
- Barely make it to the car before ripping it. It's okay to rip it just outside the Walmart or Target door. We all have been there.
- Enjoys the cards that were opened.