Monday, December 21, 2020

25 Days Of Cardmas Day 21:Almost To Victory Lane

I began my search for everything Santa and Christmas cards back in October and November and posted a thread on TCDB just to see if I could get any trades started.

But, not much took off from there, per my usual experience on that website.

However, one member known as zachbobalu1 messaged me and told me he had a Santa card from Press Pass he would like to send me. So I jumped on the chance and within a week or two the card above arrived.

The card itself is pretty stinkin' cool with  foil covering the surface. The picture of Santa riding his snowmobile sleigh to victory lane was fitting for a company known for it's NASCAR products. I wished they were still around. They made some great products.

It wasn't just the card that made me smile, it's the giving that did. The fact this person didn't even know me on TCDB and sent me this card just because. That to me is what the holiday season is all about.

My wife and I every year send baby outfits to a local hospital for families who may need a kick off help. We also almost every year choose a family in need to give gifts to. Usually my wife does the leg work on that stuff as in picking the family, the gifts and picking it all out. It always warms my heart to do this annual tradition.

Thanks again to member zachbobalu1 for the card, it means a lot and will always have a place in my collection.

Have any of you ever received a card from someone you didn't know around Christmas time?

No comments:

Post a Comment