Thursday, December 24, 2020

25 Days Of Cardmas Day 24:The Christmas Song

 
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...Jack Frost nipping at your nose...

It's Christmas Eve. 

The night when the man in the red suit loads up his sleigh and visits all of the good boys and girls to give them gifts of joy. Or in real life terms, it's the day where parents are scrambling to get everything wrapped up in time or for the husband who forgets to get their wife a gift is running out to the shops before they close to make sure he gets a gift so his chestnuts are not hung by an open fire the next day for forgetting.

Don't worry, I already have my wife's gifts well in advanced.

 
Today's also the day I show off rest of my collection of NFL Properties cards, still many more to go before I have them all, and share some memory from Christmas Eve's past.

Christmas Eve used to be more fun for me.

Back before my nephew and sister-in-law moved to Tennessee, we would all go to the Christmas Eve church service, then come back to my house for cookies, cocoa, exchange stocking gifts with the in-laws then watch Christmas Vacation. Those memory-making, hysterical experiences I will never forget that we did annually for years.

Now, when they are able to come up for the holidays since they moved, they come two weeks before Christmas and we do things together at that time such as myself making their favorite foods and watching Christmas Vacation.

So now my Christmas Eves are spent pretty quietly at home and probably even more-so this year being the year 2020 where you must avoid people at all costs. Which is okay, this year I think most of us have become pretty accustomed to being at home.

I wanna know now, what are some of your Christmas Eve traditions? Have they changed over the years? What are your plans this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment