Monday, December 28, 2020

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 46:Gold Fingers

 

Does today's title draw you right in? Does anything get more setsier than a title that says, Gold Fingers? If you clicked on today's post, I would say I have my answer.

Back in 1996, Fleer Metal created an  12-card set made of 24-karat etcheTd gold foil of the NFL's top receivers at the time. These cards fell 1:8 packs.

To say they look good that would be an understatement. I would prefer to use words such as stunning, marvelous, phenomenal, remarkable, and astonishing.

You also have to take a look at the details and design where you can tell creativity was used. How many of you remember a time when creativity was used in the hobby?

I was able to grab these four cards from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace where I saved 10% on them by using code 15Burbank. You can check them out yourself by clicking THIS LINK HERE:https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/

With these latest adds, I have 7 of the 12 for the set. I hope to add the rest soon as they look impressive on 9 page sheets.

That does it for today's Sets Talk.  Hope you had a golden time and remember, there is more sets to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment