Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Giants Cardboard: Eli's Gaining Momentum

As the year creeps closer to the end, I have looked back on my collecting habits and how much they have changed all year long.

First it was hot rookies, then non sport cards, then it was Allan Houston, then it was Kerry Collins then it was 90's inserts again, then Patrick Mahomes cards, then Lamar Jackson cards, then Christmas cards, then Russell Wilson cards, then Mosaic cards, then shiny cards and so on and so forth. There was no straight focus and my collecting habits must look like someone with a bad case of ADHD.

Maybe I should rename this blog, ADHD collector.

Regardless how crazy I must look, there has been one constant throughout my collecting and that is the NY Giants. I have never gone off topic with them. I simply collect all that I don't have regardless of how long the player has been on the team. If they made it even one game, I would take them as long as they are wearing Giants blue or have affiliation of so.

But, that doesn't mean some players I don't prefer more than others.

Take Eli Manning for example. I always talk about Rodney Hampton on here... a lot, but deep down inside my favorite NY Giant of all time is Eli. Rodney is a very-very close second or a 1B in this case.

Eli brought out tons of emotions which you can tell a lot by his "Eli Face".

I felt for him being an underdog but that also made me root him on harder being one myself. He won two Super Bowls for my team against the team I despise most. He was a two time Super Bowl MVP. He went to Pro Bowler. He was a leader on and off the field and handled NY media the way you need to. I couldn't have asked to had watched a better player to play the toughest position in football in the toughest city to play football.

I appreciated everything he did for my Giants and can't wait to see him as a first ballot Hall Of Famer. Yeah I said it.

With these 9 new adds from Burbank Sportscards Beckett Marketplace (also saved 10% by using code 15Burbank which I suggest you try as well), I am creeping towards 700 Eli Manning cards. He marks my second highest Giant in total cards and I hope to be gaining more over the next few weeks. Eli has moved up as my second most sought after player right now behind Rodney Hampton.

*****************************************************************************
Before closing I wanted to show off another card I snagged, quite cheaply at $4 by the way and even less using the code, was this Darius Slayton auto.


Slayton is one of the up and coming WR's in this league when the Giants have time to throw to him. I look forward to seeing him more next year.

Who is your favorite player on your team All Time and/or Now? Do you have the same situation as I do with a 1A and a 1B?

No comments:

Post a Comment