Friday, December 11, 2020

25 Days Of Cardmas Day 11:'Mookie' Around The Christmas Tree

Mookie around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday.....Later we'll have some pumpkin pie and do some caroling....

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee brings back some fond memories of when I would go to my grandmother's apartment during this time of year. She would break out her cassette tape of taped songs off of the radio, remember those days, and would play those songs all day long. One of those songs she favored and danced to was Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. Though she was older, she still had some moves and would occasionally invite me in to join her which would lead to lots of laughs. It was always fun to see her happiness come out during this time of year. So every time I hear that song on the radio or even played on my Pandora app on the Christmas station, I turn it up a little bit louder than rest of those songs.

Is there a holiday song that connects you with a memory? Which one and if you don't mind, share that memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment