Saturday, December 19, 2020

25 Days Of Cardmas Day 19: All I Want For Christmas Is You

Sorry readers. I know this title will hit your every nerve as we all know that big Mariah Carey hit is the most played Christmas song on the radio. It's not that its a bad song per say, but a lot are sick of hearing it.

Today's card features Jim Kelly getting ready to launch a Christmas present deep. Just hopefully there will be no Dallas Cowboys in his way. Sorry Bills fans.
The back of the card is like reading a Christmas card from the Kelly and Skybox family to us.

I know when it comes to presents this year, I always hope for card boxes and eBay gift cards but it doesn't always translate to that. A gift is a gift though because it comes from the heart. I know that sounds like a corny line from a Hallmark Movie but it's so true.

When I grew up, I was always disappointed by my presents though I know it was stuff my parents knew I would like. They just couldn't afford to get the stuff I actually really wanted like that Ghostbusters fire house or the entire line of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers figures. Every year I would get a notebook (I told you I love to write), some form of clothing and maybe one of the toys I asked for. Sometimes they would sign up for a Santa Fund which gives presents out to low income families. I wouldn't always get what I wanted from that either but made due. 

Even though stuff wasn't always what I wanted, I didn't just toss it in the trash. I always put it to full use and always treated and kept my stuff like a gem mint card.

Big or small gifts, its not the gift that counts. It's the thought. I tell myself that all of the time and live by it and hope you do as well.

What was a present you wanted growing up but never got?

No comments:

Post a Comment