Wednesday, December 9, 2020

25 Days Of Cardmas Day 9:Coach Santa

Can you imagine a chunky guy in red suit coaching a football team to a big win...oh, sorry Chiefs fans. 

Coach Claus is looking for a way to lead Da' Deers back to the playoffs and make another run at another Super Candy Cane Bowl with his Snowflake offense and Chimney slide play.

According to the back of this card, it appears he has won the MVIP award again and netted another Wiseman Trophy for giving Playoff card to all of the good boys and girls.

Back in the 90's I had both coaches I liked and disliked. One of the most disliked coaches coached my Giants team. No it's not Ray Handley as I wasn't much into football then, it was Dan Reeves. He was a terrible coach for the Giants and ran the team into the ground before Jim Fassell brought it back to life.

Two of my favorite coaches in the 90's were Tom Coughlin for the Jaguars (who later on coached my Giants team to 2 Super Bowls) and Mike Shanahan of the Denver Broncos. I liked watching both of those teams play, particulary the Jags, in the 90's. They were my second and third favorite teams back then. Those coaches just knew how to win and connect with their players like Coach Claus does.

Good luck to Coach Claus and 'Da Deers if he is still coaching them this year. Hopefully they remember to wear masks so they won't be fined even in the North Pole.

Who are your favorite and least favorite coaches and managers?

No comments:

Post a Comment