Tuesday, December 15, 2020

25 Days Of Christmas Day 15:Frosty The Snowman

Well folks, only 10 days until Christmas and this blogger is getting giddy.

Today's post is about an item that gets me just as giddy every year I put it out. 

It's my wife's, Mr. Snowman. She has had it since her youth and every year we have been together we have put it out on the counter. I used to keep it in the window back when it had a lightbulb, but since that piece went missing, we just keep it unlit on the counter.

Funny but not so funny story about this one, I tried replacing the light inside once with a lightbulb cord I stole from my Halloween pumpkin. The only problem was, the lightbulb didn't fit through the back like the cord that actually goes to the snowman and had to go underneath him instead. So picture plastic with a hot lightbulb on it on the inside...let's just say I am glad my wife has the brains though I was trying to be sweet. Fortunately, didn't burn the house down and only melted some of the snowman on the bottom.

 
Today's card is from 1991 Parkhurst. I don't always show the back of these cards I feature on here but I think today's was very important by the message on the back. 

I hope it hits you in the feels as well.

Have you ever helped anyone during this time of year? Buy a family gifts? Work at a soup kitchen? Donate your time elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment